After reading on the samba about all the westy owners replacing their old floors with nice new wood (or pergo) floors, the westy decided it needed wood floors too! After a trip to the home improvement store and pricing out pergo, and subfloor material, the first step would be trying to figure out if the old floor would come out.
Got my first box of parts from GoWesty.com and I have lots to do. Went to my buddy Bob’s house to do some work. Here’s what we did:
Replace exterior door handle New driver-side seatbelt receiver New air filter New plugs, caps, distributor, rotor Oil change + oil filter GoWesty fuel filter upgrade Drank beer
Multiple trips to auto parts store for filter wrenches, sparkplug gappers, and many other things that I didn’t think of while getting started. Westy still has a weird idle problem, but is running much better… once I’m on the highway.
I got to know the camping equipment of the Westy a bit better, i.e. where the water comes in and goes out!
This was the first night I slept in the Westy - driveway camping!